Beef Fillets with Burgandy Mushroom Sauce
5 tablespoons butter
1 large Vidalia onion, sliced
1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
2 teaspoons minced garlic
4 (8-ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large skillit, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook for 6 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat, and spoon mushroom mixture into a bowl.
2. Season both sides of fillets with garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. In the same skillit, heat oil over mnedium heat. Cook steaks for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan and place on a baking sheet in a warm oven.
4. Add flour to drippings in skillit and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Gradually add broth, whisking until smooth. Add wine, salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Add mushroom mixture; cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
5. Spoon sauce over steaks and serve!
l 10 min. before slicing.