- 8-12 filets of Tilapia (frozen or fresh)
- 12-20 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup of finely chopped cilantro
- 4 limes wedged
- 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped fine
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 1 medium-large onion diced
- 2 cups of italian bread crumbs
- seasoning salt or creole seasoning
- 2 cups of vegetable oil, olive oil, or lard (use to pan fry fish)
- guacamole, salsa, and your queso
- In pie pan/deep dish add your italian bread crumbs.
- in large enough pan to fit at least two filets at a time, add about 1 cup of oil and bring up to a sizzling temp. (after frying about half the fish, you may need to add more oil to the pan)
- if frozen thaw your tilapia in lukewarm water, drain well.
- Once oil is ready, take one of the filets, thoroughly coat both sides with the bread crumbs. Place in the oil and cook til each side is brown (~2-3 minutes/side). Place on sheets of paper towl to drain away more of the oil.
- Lightly season the top side of fish with you salt or creole seasoning.
- While frying up the rest of your filets, chop up all of your accouterments.
- When everything is ready, microwave your tortillas for about 30 seconds on high, completely covered in papertowel or a clean dishtowel.
- make a taco building buffet: add your fish, a little queso, your veggies, a pinch of cilantro, and then salsa and/or guac. Use the lime wedges to give your taco a little extra kick of citrus!