- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, mix cucumber, salt, onion, mustard seeds, white sugar, distilled white vinegar, celery seed and turmeric.
- Microwave on high 7 to 8 minutes, stirring twice, until cucumbers are tender and onion is translucent.
- Transfer to sterile containers. Seal and chill in the refrigerator until serving.