- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) margarine
- 5 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried sage
- 1 can(s) (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 loaf(s) (16 ounces each) sliced firm white bread, lightly toasted and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup(s) loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In 12-inch skillet, melt margarine or butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion, and cook 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in thyme, salt, pepper, sage, chicken broth, and 1/2 cup water; remove skillet from heat.
- Place bread cubes in very large bowl. Add celery mixture and parsley; toss to mix well.
- Spoon stuffing into 13-inch by 9-inch glass baking dish; cover with foil and bake 40 minutes or until heated through.