- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) honey
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 links Italian sausage
- 1 small Italian bread, cut into four pieces and split
- Potato chips, for serving
- Heat grill or a grill pan to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, honey, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add the bell pepper and onion and let sit, tossing occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill the sausages, turning occasionally, until charred and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. If desired, grill the bread until slightly charred, about 1 minute. 4. Serve the sausages in the bread and top with the peppers and onions. Serve with potato chips, if desired.
- For a spicy kick, add very thinly sliced jalapeño peppers or half a poblano pepper to the red onion and bell pepper mixture.