- 1 romaine lettuce heart
- 4 to 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked until crisp, cooled, and chopped
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Salad Dressing (we suggest Ranch or Blue Cheese--see above)
- Chop the lettuce heart into 1- to 2-inch pieces. Combine it with the bacon, other vegetables, and nuts in a large bowl and toss the mixture well.
2. Keep the salad chilled until serving time. Then toss it again with enough dressing to lightly coat the vegetables, and season it with salt and pepper. Serves 6.